What is Hyaluronic Acid(HA)?!
Hyaluronic acid(HA), a glycosaminoglycan, can be found naturally in our body and comprise the skin layers, such as the dermis and the epidermis.
It’s a humectant that draws up to 1000 times its own weight in water to enhance water absorption of the skin.
For all skin types, it not only moisturizes your skin but has the important function of regenerating and restoring the skin. As we age, the amount of HA in the skin decreases and by the time we become 40, this amount decreases to half of the moisture retention. Loss of moisture accelerates skin aging, and the skin loses its elasticity.
Effects of Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
1. Skin protection: HA holds large amounts of moisture in the dermis so that it can improve skin immunity and protect the skin from UV rays and fine dust.
2. Anti-inflammatory effect: HA alleviates and prevents the inflammation so that it can help with skin problems such as dermatitis and acne.
3. Skin moisturizing: HA can help increase skin moisture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles since it holds large amounts of moisture like a moisture-tank.
4. Skin regeneration: HA promotes activation of skin cells and helps them reorganize and regenerate.
- hyaluronic acid is needed to bind collagen with elastin, which are the protein structures in your skin. It helps nourish the skin at a cellular level and protects the skin from the penetration of harmful materials.
Hyaluronic Acid(HA) in the skin care products
– PURITO Moisture Line